The Municipality of Utrecht has over 325,000 inhabitants and is - by population - the fourth largest city in the Netherlands. Utrecht is among others known for its historical center, the yards and the cathedral. The city is a hub of roads, railways and waterways, and thereby a leading city for exhibitions and conferences.
- Second-opinion for the VDI setup
- Independent party to conduct performance measurements
- Performance guarantee for the new VDI environment
- Baseline measurement to capture the status quo
- Real-life simulation of 3.725 end-users
- Workload generation and comparison to assess the effect of changes
- Well planned successful VDI roll-out
- Virtual desktops with predictable performance
- IT is prepared for the movement to the new Town Hall
We didn’t want any surprises within our operating IT environment. Login Consultants has brought up several performance improvements in the infrastructure with Login VSI. These were addressed together with the implementer and the various vendors.
Program Manager U-Cloud ‘Innovation ICT Infrastructure Services Town Hall’
The MCA Gemini Group (MGG) was formed in 2008 through the merger of the Medical Center Alkmaar (MCA) and the Gemini Hospital in Den Helder. Most supporting services are now integrated and care departments work closely together. MGG provides good and targeted healthcare and top quality services. The clinical training hospital MCA has 480 beds, approximately 2,600 employees and 200 specialists and the Gemini Hospital 178 beds, approximately 1,000 employees and 70 specialists. There are also some smaller locations such as a pain center and dialysis center.
- Migrate from two to one domain
- Migrate from Windows XP to a new workspace environment
- Consolidate to one uniform workspace
- Windows 7-based full centrally managed fat clients
- Remote Desktop Service-environment for light users
- Application virtualization with Microsoft App-V
- SCCM2012, Immidio Flex+ and Automation Machine for system administration
- Project time savings thanks to Automation Machine
- Fast login and applications with good performance
- An effective manageable, central and uniform desktop
We have designed the architecture and the environment together with Login Consultants. The results are effective, centrally managed workspaces that can be used anywhere.
A Managed Cloud and Outsourcing solution provider from Switzerland was searching for a new software solution for software packaging and user management in virtualized environments. Automation Machine successfully simplified these processes.
- Reducing the complexity of preparing packages and user settings.
- Automation Machine
- Reduction of manual processes and thus reduction of incidents
- Simple user management
- Flexibility and openness
We gave Automation Machine a chance, and found a product that has been developed continuously since its implementation and has contributed enormously to simplifying our processes. We are extremely pleased with the solution.
CIO and CTO of iSource AG
The University of Groningen (RUG) is internationally oriented and among the top European universities. The RUG is actively working with businesses, governments and citizens. In 2014, the university is celebrating its 400th anniversary and has produced many talents from a Nobel Prize winner to the first Dutch astronaut. The RUG has 27,000 students and 5,500 staff from the Netherlands and abroad.
- Contribute to the university workplace concept with Citrix
- Need for additional substantive technical support and capacity
- Integrating Citrix solutions within UWP 2.0
- RES Workspace Manager for reusable modular building blocks
- VMware ESX
- Microsoft App- V 4 and 5
- Microsoft Server 2008/2012, SQL cluster, Windows 7, Active Directory, etc.
- Fast and adequate deployment of UWP 2.0
- Free choice of devices, operating systems and work locations by the users
- Modular concept with building blocks is also usable outside RUG
We selected Login Consultants because they have the desired Citrix knowledge and engineers that are well aware of the technology.
Project Manager at the Centre of Information Technlogy
Orbis Medical and Healthcare Centre consists of Orbis Medical Center (hospital) and include Orbis Mental Healthcare, Orbis Rehabilitation, Orbis Home Care, Orbis Domestic Help, Orbis Youth Healthcare, two hospices and numerous care centers at various locations. The group is active in the area of health care and services, housing and welfare in the south and central part of Limburg, the Netherlands. Orbis Medical and Healthcare Centre employs approximately 5,000 employees.
- Existing infrastructure started to become outdated
- New EHR client for Mental Healthcare was not functioning on the existing system
- Future-proof infrastructure appropriate to changing functional requirements and intended merger
- New blade servers and Citrix infrastructure
- Desktop virtualization with Citrix XenDesktop on VMware ESX
- Standardized virtual desktops
- Smooth introduction of PSYGIS Quarant EHR
- Prepared for scale-up to 2,000 end users and intended merger
- Golden image simplifies system administration and change management
The cooperation with Login Consultants was very enjoyable. We got along very well with the engineers that were supporting us onsite. Thanks to short communication lines, we were able to adapt smoothly to changes and implement them very quickly.
Team leader Information Management, Orbis Medical and Healthcare Centre
Mammoet is a leading organization in heavy lifting and multimodal transport. The organization specializes in transporting, shipping, installation (including horizontal and vertical positioning) and removal of large or heavy objects to and from any location, onshore and offshore. Mammoet serves five major markets: the petrochemical industry, civil engineering projects, the power generation sector, offshore and marine industry. The headquarters of Mammoet is located in Utrecht. Mammoet employs over 5,000 people worldwide.
- Professionalizing of ICT
- Business IT alignment
- Replacement and centralization of ICT infrastructure
- New Citrix infrastructure
- Global accessible workspace using Citrix NetScaler Gateway
- Outsourced IT infrastructure
- Good SLAs thanks to service level management
- Fast access to apps
- Change management under control
- Modern and scalable architecture
We completely outsourced the system administration of our Citrix environment to Login Consultants including packaging of applications. This fits our vision to attract reputable parties and procure service contracts to achieve high quality services.
Raimond de Haas
Project manager, Service level manager & Manager ICT front-end services
The MöllerGroup has been a family firm more than 275 years. Its success story is based on innovative know-how of constantly updated technologies and global orientation. The MöllerGroup’s core competencies are plastics technology and processing flexible materials. 1,800 employees work for the MöllerGroup worldwide.
- Transition to new servers was becoming necessary
- Citrix software was discontinued
- Transition to new generation of Windows Server farm
- Automation Machine for Hosted Desktops
- Complete and flexible solution to make the hosted environment more predictable and productive
- Considerable reduction of workload and a noticeable increase in performance
Since we have been using Automation Machine from Login Consultants, our IT management has been simplified very much. It’s not only easier, but also more flexible and transparent. We are now much faster and with Automation Machine we save significantly on license costs by optimizing the management of floating licenses. All in all I can say, without reservation: with Automation Machine everything works exactly as we had hoped for.
IT Teamleader MöllerTech Thüringen GmbH
Spaarne Gasthuis (SG) was founded on July 1, 1991 after a merger of Haarlem hospitals St. Joannes de Deo, St. Elisabeth’s or Groote Gasthuis and Zeeweg hospital in IJmuiden. Spaarne Gasthuis is the biggest general hospital in the Kennemerland region. SG has 3100 employees, including 175 specialists and more than 300 volunteers. The hospital has 830 certified beds and occupies 2 locations (South and North), connected by a fiber-optic network.
- Managing the desktop environment
- Complexity for helpdesk
- Optimize information security
- Fast and smooth roaming between workstations
- Virtualized workplaces
- Single Sign-On
- Automated management
- Roaming between workstations within 10 seconds
- Reducing the amount of incidents because of automated management
- Enabling Bring Your Own and flexible working
Thanks to Desktop Virtualization, doctors and nurses can take their session to another kiosk pc without typing their username and password again. The speed and ease of this is a great value, especially at departments that are under time pressure, like the ER or doctors visiting their patients.
Manager ICT & Medical Technique
After the merger of the School of Economic Studies (HES) with the Hogeschool van Amsterdam (HVA), Arvid Janssen, then manager of the management department of the HvA, was asked to manage two workplace concepts: 1. Client/ Server (HVA) and 2. Server Based Computing (HES). Due to cost considerations and infrastructural development, it was necessary to centralize the Active Directory containing users and groups of users. Login Consultants advised how to do the job and drew up the necessary management documents.
- Advice and Active Directory design for two different workplace environments.
- Migration Citrix environment to new hardware
- Establish management framework for Citrix environment management and writing documentation, management and transfer of knowledge
- Advice on new workplace design.
The core of the work is the establishment of a central Active Directory for about 80,000 accounts, spread over two different workplace concepts. Transfer of knowledge on the management of such environments is crucial.
The predictability of the system and thus the reliability is guaranteed.
Deventer Hospital was formed in 1985 from a merger of the Saint Geertruiden Hospital (since 1472) and Saint Joseph Hospital (since 1875). In 2008, both hospital locations have been relocated to one new site. The current modern teaching hospital covers an area of 55,000 square meters with over 380 beds. Every year more than 20,000 patients are admitted and 180,000 outpatients are examined and treated. The hospital employs approximately 2,150 employees including 141 specialists.
- Fast and smooth roaming between workstations
- Support for multiple screens when roaming
- Multimedia ready
- Upgrade of XenApp infrastructure
- Imprivata single sign-on solution
- HP thin clients
- Fast smooth roaming between any type of device
- Consolidation of seven desktop concepts
- Major quality improvement of the process
Thanks to the support from Login Consultants we now deliver what we wanted to offer in the project of 2008: smooth roaming. Switching between desktops works seamlessly and only takes about 7 seconds.
Manager Network Administration & Development ICT
Delta Lloyd Group is a financial services provider offering life insurance, general insurance, asset management and banking products and services. Delta Lloyd Group’s target markets are the Netherlands and Belgium. The Group operates primarily under the brand names of Delta Lloyd, OHRA and ABN AMRO Insurance in the Netherlands, and under the Delta Lloyd brand name in Belgium. Delta Lloyd Group employs 5.447 permanent staff (FTE) and is listed on NYSE Euronext Amsterdam.
- Outdated IT-environment needs a refresh
- Introducing new business concepts like BYO and 'The New Way of Working'
- Examining costs of infrastructure and maintenance
- Insourcing IT-infrastructure
- Virtualizing IT-infrastructure including the desktop
- Automating maintenance
- Enabling BYO and flexible working
- Costs at an acceptable level
- Reducing the amount of incidents due to simplified maintenance
We now experience a reliable Remote Desktop Services farm where 2,500 employees have access to, with a concurrent use ratio of four to one. Login Consultants has built a reliable, stable and scalable environment that let us take the first steps towards a private cloud with Desktop as a Service. The organization performs a health check four times a year, to guaranteed the stability of the environment even more. Moreover - and this is very important - it is a company that we enjoy to do business with.
Datacenter Manager, IT Services
The logistics specialist Dachser employs 17,500 people worldwide and achieved a turnover of 3.24 billion euros in 2009. The business model is based on three pillars: European Logistics, Air & Sea Logistics and Food Logistics. Dachser handles 41.8 million shipments, with a total weight of 29.4 million tons, at 306 sites. Dachser’s strengths lie in its high degree of IT competency, the global integration of logistical services and an excellent infrastructure.
- Finding the ideal and, above all, most efficient virtualization solution
- Login VSI shows which hypervisor performs best in the Dachser infrastructure and how changes in the configuration of the hypervisors affect the users.
- The test scenarios covered the most varied settings and configurations of both the target system (terminal server) and the application configurations.
With Login VSI, we can simulate the effects and compatibilities of applications and patches, as well as scaling in a virtualized terminal server environment, with minimal expenditure of time. Due to the adaptability of Login VSI to individual customer environments, we can simulate the real production environment, using the achieved measurement results and assertions.
Team Leader Application Services
Situated in the heart of the historic city of Bruges is one of the two campuses belonging to the College of Europe, a post-graduate institute for specialized European studies. The College of Europe provides over three hundred international students with a unique and inspiring learning environment which puts students and lecturers first. The best proof of this? Their new IT project for desktop virtualization.
Advising them on desktop virtualization, focusing especially on:
- Optimizing user experience
- Improving performance (e.g. laptop users)
- Integrating VDI into the College of Europe's open culture (Skype, Messenger, etc.)
A combination of:
- Implementing Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Introducing virtual applications
- Optimizing accessibility of infrastructure
- Managing user profiles
They look for the best technological solution for your company, within the budget you can afford.
KPN is the leading supplier of telecommunications and IT services in the Netherlands, serving customers with wireline and mobile telephony, Internet and television. For business customers, KPN provides full Telecom and IT solutions. KPN Corporate Market (formerly Getronics) offers global ICT services and is a leader in the Benelux in the field of infrastructure and network-related IT solutions. KPN worldwide employs over 31,000 FTE and is headquartered in The Hague.
- Upgrade existing Citrix environment
- More stable performance
- 24/7 availability of 200 virtualized Citrix servers
- Flexible, scalable environment supported with Automation Machine
- Cost reduction is accompanied with quality improvement
- KPN ITNL doesn't have to put any energy in the operational management of the Citrix environment
- 24x7 support based on strict SLA's
- Improvement of quality and reduction of costs
We believe that Login Consultants is a good and reliable partner that always honors all agreements. The organization is not too large, but large enough to provide services 24 hours a day, seven days a week and ensure continuity.
Manager Operations department I&O, KPN ITNL
Automation Machine in a computer centre helps to reduce complexity together with a comprehensive terminal server farm so that more than 11,000 users can experience their usual working environment at the most current state-of –the-art level.
- Increasing the level of automation
- Reducing the complexity and the effort needed to maintain the terminal server farm
- Automation Machine
- No manual installation of the terminal server farm
- Minimal risk of errors and fast service
- Automated maintenance of the termi¬nal servers
With Automation Machine we have consciously selected a versatile solution, which can be individualised to a large extent. In principle, anything is possible as far as software distribution and maintenance processes are concerned. We are therefore well armed for future challenges and growing user numbers.
Team Leader Desktop
In 2010, Dutch financial services company AEGON migrated with 3800 workplaces and 250+ applications to Windows Vista and Office 2007. What made this migration so special, was its turnaround: the project was carried out within 6 months; within budget and within planning. Although the project was already on its way, the cooperation with Login Consultants was crucial to its success. Because of that, AEGON decided to write down the case and share it with the world.
Like many organizations of a considerable size and complexity have experienced, performing such a migration without any worries is almost impossible. It was clear that unexpected issues would arise until the very end.
The most important lessons learned:
1. Recognize what a desktop migration implies
2. Take users and the business as a starting point
3. Create an intensive cooperation between several business departments and IT
4. Keep tight control
5. Keep a clear eye on ‘sense of urgency’; emphasize governance and support
6. Have your pro’s with the right expertise control the project
7. Combine a solution oriented approach with analytical skills and challenge certainties
8. Control current information and data streams (tooling)
The entire case is written down in this booklet, which is, unfortunately, only available in Dutch.
NewsNo items found.
Login Consultants Belgium BVBA
De Regenboog 11
Tel: +32 15 69 69 00
Fax: +32 15 69 69 01
VAT-number: BE 0864.350.469
Login Consultants has offices in:
- The Netherlands (Amsterdam - Headquarters)
- Tel: +31 20 342 0280
- Belgium (Mechelen)
- Tel: +32 15 69 69 00
- Germany (Karlsruhe)
- The Netherlands (Amsterdam - Headquarters)
Login Consultants Germany GmbH
Am Sandfeld 15
Tel: +49 721 663854 0
Fax: + 49 721 663854 99
Login Consultants Nederland B.V.
De Entree 95
1101 BH Amsterdam
Tel: +31 20 342 0280
Fax: +31 20 697 5721
Login Consultants is easily accessible via the A2 and A9.
Take the exit 'Transferium' of the A2 or A9 and follow the signs P2-P13. Then follow P5 to the parkingspace underneath 'Villa Arena'. Login Consultants is situated in Toren A on the 21st floor.
When you rather travel by means of public transportation, it is best to take the train to NS-station Amsterdam Bijlmer-Arena. It takes a 5 minute walk across the Arena Boulevard (alongside the Media market, the Prenatal and the Perry Sport). Toren A is situated across the Oval ABN Amro office. Login Consultants is situated on the 22nd floor. For Public Transport service information please call 0900 - 9292 or go to www.9292ov.nl.